Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Festival of Colors!

If you know me at all, you probably know I am OBSESSED with anything that has to do with India and it just so happens my best friend Mckenna also happens to be India crazy as well. Lucky for us we can get our own little taste of India just down the road in Spanish Fork at the Sri Sri Radha Krsna Temple. Last weekend they had their Festival of Colors to welcome in Spring. Basically its just an excuse to be crazy and throw around colored corn powder at everyones face- but hey its a good time.

Mckenna drove 10+ hours straight from California so she wouldnt miss the event! (We try to go to all the Krsna Festivals and my mom worries everytime we are going to come back brainwashed and be in some Llama loving cult.) We had to prep for this fantastic festival by doing henna of course.

This is how my henna turned out. Henna by Nenna- is there anything better?
My hand on the left, Mckennas on the right. She is amazing!!

Showing off the henna at the festival. This was about 10 minutes into the festival, you can tell because you can still see skin!

Mikes rainbow hair
A few people came....... I believe the papers said 20,000 people were there. IT WAS NUTS.

Taking a break from the insanity! ha ha I like our pink noses

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Dj called Mike cause he knew you'd be there too. We should have at least said Hi to each other!